adsense

Wantable

Thursday, February 25, 2016

Allure Posts 50 Best Drugstore Finds - We Cut it to our 5 Favorites!

I just got an email from Allure.com promoting the 50 (yes that's right 5-ohhh) best drug store products. Of course I was intrigued! I scanned through this incredibly long list and managed to find 5 highlight products that I'm going to try in order to see how good their picks actually are. If you'd like to see the whole list you can find it here.

I was really surprised to see some great skin care options. I'm sort of a snob when it comes to my skin care products but, in my journeys through subscription boxes, I've come across some really great drug store options (Derma-e Microdermabrasion Scrub!). The one on this list that hit all of the points for me was the Lumene Bright Now Vitamin C Hyaluronic Essence. One of my favorite lines of skin care is the Peter Thomas Roth Camu Camu Vitamin C items. This looks like it might be a cheaper alternative. Vitamin C does amazing things for your skin and you're also getting the added benefit of Hyaluronic Acid which moisturizes and promotes all kinds of anti-aging properties.



Lately, I've noticed that face cleansers have been a huge focus in the beauty industry. But, not your run of the mill standard gel face cleanser. The new cleansers come in so many new and interesting forms. I've tried an oil cleanser (DHC Deep Cleansing Oil) and loved it! I've tried a balm to oil cleanser (Beauty Counter Nourishing Cleansing Balm) and loved it! But, I have yet to try one of the powder cleaners. I've seen the new Biore Baking Soda Cleansing Scrub all over the place but now I've been pushed to the edge! I must try it! I love the Biore Nose Strips and think that this might be the must have product for 2016.

Foundation is another one of those areas where I'm pretty much a Sephora or Department Store girl. I've turned my nose up at drug store foundation since I was 16 pretty much because I was raised with a mother who frequented Clinique and MAC and refused to buy "cheap" makeup. However, times have definitely changed in the drugstore foundation game. In the 90's drugstore foundation came in about five colors and were so thick it was like you were wearing a mask. Now, it's all about coverage in a HUGE range of shades that look soft and almost airbrushed. One of the newest versions of this idea is the L'oreal Paris True Match Lumi Cushion. This looks amazing and I actually can't wait to try it!

 
Eyeliner is a tricky thing. If it's too hard you tug on your delicate eyes trying to get it on perfectly and if it's too soft it fades in a heartbeat. Enter Gel Eyeliner! One of my new favorite makeup items is the Julep When Pencil Met Gel Eyeliner. It goes on smoothly and the gel base provides staying power. But at $16 a pop having a big range of colors can get pricey. Say hello to Almay Intense I-Color Gel Smooth Liner. This could be a great alternative!

Lip Balm is one of those areas that was in desperate need of an update. EOS had a good start with their little round ball that didn't look so childish (unlike my favorite Lip Smackers!) but, it didn't add any color and it was all that exciting. The next new version was the Fresh Lip Treatments that came in a variety of colors and did great things for your lips by making them smooth and moisturized! But so crazy expensive ($24 for basically a lip balm!). But now Covergirl has produced an amazing alternative Covergirl Colorlicious Oh Sugar lip balm. The colors are amazing and super buildable and the smell is out of this world. Plus your lips get all the benefits of a sugar treatment without the crazy price. I've actually tried this product and I'm obsessed!


Drugstore makeup has definitely upped its game! Go check out your local drugstore for some new budget friendly (not cheap) finds!

No comments:

Post a Comment